Saturday, July 23, 2011

Derailed!

Friday, July 22, 2011  Day 13/84

Camping was great fun. We made friends with the people next to us and our kids played together the whole time and we enjoyed evenings by the fire together. We had similar ideas about education for our children and it was fun to have someone to share our camping trip with. They were on a trip called "The Fantastic Anti-plastic Beach Tour" to promote biodegradable sand toys, made from plastic derived from corn instead of petroleum products. Check out their website at http://www.zoeborganic.com/.

On Wednesday I stuck with the program except for one marshmallow when everyone was making s'mores.  I made home-made marshmallows which were hard to resist. (Check out the recipe here: http://thechocolateladyblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/marshmallows.html). (I recognize that this is a totally inappropriate post for a fitness blog, but it was fun and I couldn't resist.) They are far superior to store bought, especially the orange flavored ones which roast up so nicely. . . .But I digress.  Thursday was my free day - I ate healthy meals but added not so healthy snacks - funions, chocolate chip cookies, and of course roasted marshmallows and a nice glass of red wine by the fire. It was all fine until Friday. My resolve to work out in the morning was derailed by lack of privacy and saying a long goodbye to our new friends. I don't regret this, I'm just reporting it. I ate well in the morning but that was it. We stopped at a bakery in Tomales on the way home and I shared a raspberry/lemon bar with hubby, then ate a bunch of wheat thins with my son while watching Harry Potter after unloading and unpacking.  But the worst thing is that I missed my first workout. The lower body workout is especially important to me because it works the larger muscles and I need my leg strength if I want to be a better mountain biker.  Now I must decide whether to skip the workout and continue with my HIIT tomorrow and stay on the same schedule, (No) or do the LBWO tomorrow and skip my next free day to get back on schedule (Yes).  Another stumbling block coming up is that Hubby is taking me to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 tomorrow at the IMAX 3D in San Francisco tomorrow, for my Birthday (47 on Sunday!).  We do this about once a year and usually accompany it with dinner in the city. I am going to suggest sushi at our favorite sushi restaurant in Larkspur (King of the Roll is a Japanese sushi restaurant owned by a chinese guy named John Wayne. It looks like a dive but is the best sushi ever. Check it out if you are ever in the Northbay.) on our way home, instead. I think I can manage a hand roll and cucumber salad and stick to my program somewhat.  I know it's not authorized food but so-be-it. I'll take gum for the movie. 

There! I have a plan for tomorrow to get back on track and still have fun. I feel good about this and ready to take it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment